Enroll to learn more about how unconscious bias can affect services and health outcomes.
About this Course
Our view of the world is shaped by the values we were taught, how we see others, what we assume, and what we expect of others. This is not always a bad thing, but it can be harmful when unconscious biases affect other people. It can lead to worse health outcomes, and it can make our work harder. How can we see our own bias, and how can we create a safe and affirming space for our clients?
This is a four hour course that will be presented in two sessions on September 14.
- The sessions will run from 10:00am to noon, and 1:00 to 3:00pm, Central time.
- Attendance at both session is required in order to receive credit.
Who Should Take This Course
Community Health Workers, Patient Navigators, and others in Central Texas who work in the community.
Select the "enroll" button near the top right.
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it.
- Learners who do not complete all sections by one week after the session date will not receive credit.
What you will need:
- Internet connection
- Audio and video capability
- The live portion of this training will be conducted over Zoom. Participants will view the computer screen and use their webcams and microphones to interact.
Successful completion of this continuing education activity includes the following
- Attending the entire activity
- Completing the online evaluation
- Submitting an online certificate request
Continuing Education for Community Health Workers (CHW)
Cardea is seeking continuing education approval for CHWs.
Here is the course outline:
1. Learning Session Information and Resources
Agenda, links, and handouts
2. Evaluation and Certificate
Complete the evaluations. Select a certificate to complete the course.