Trauma Informed Care
Enroll to learn about the principles of trauma and how to care for your clients..
Who Should Attend
Community health workers and others who want to learn more about trauma and creating a welcoming environment for all clients.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- learn about the types of and how it can affect the brain,
- examine the impact of trauma on health behaviors and outcomes,
- explore the six principles of a trauma-informed approach, and
- develop strategies for utilizing the trauma-informed principles in their work.
Continuing Education (CE)
This course has been submitted for CE approval. If approved, the following will apply:
CHW Presenter: Mar Padilla #711
This course provides 3.0 hours of CHW continuing education
1 hour knowledge base, 1 hour interpersonal, .5 hour Capacity Building, .5 Communication Skills
Cardea is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services to provide continuing CHW hours in Texas,
Registration & Fees
This course is free of charge.
Here is the course outline:
1. Trauma Informed Care
2. Evaluation and Certificate
Fill out the evaluation and select a certificate to complete the course.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion: Live Event|
|Community Health Worker (CHW) TX|