This is an update of the FTN course for staff who have been formerly trained with FCT and/or PBC. This course will include updated information about status neutral navigation, combination prevention, and home testing.
Course Information and Completion
This is course is an update of the FTN course for staff who have been formerly trained with FCT and/or PBC. This course will include updated information about status-neutral navigation, combination prevention, stigma and unconscious bias, and home testing. The new Foundations of Testing and Navigation (FTN) Update course focuses on status-neutral HIV testing and navigation and is based on the CDC's guidelines for Implementing HIV Testing in Non-Clinical Settings. Upon completing the course the Prevention contractors will have the most updated information about conducting a status-neutral HIV prevention session with increased awareness of stigmatizing language/behaviors and unconscious bias. HIV Prevention contractors receive first priority access to this course.
- Plan to spend 8 hours completing all portions of the course, including pre-work, post-work, and the live 3-hour instructor-led session.
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is highly interactive, and learners must participate to complete it.
- Learners who do not start pre-work within one week of registration, and complete it by 3 days before the live portion of the course, may be removed from the course to allow room for others.
- Learners who do not complete all sections will not receive credit.
The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 45. The first 45 people to enroll in this course will be moved into the live zoom session. All others will have an opportunity to enroll in the next training.
Session Dates: All sessions run from 1:00pm-4:00pm, Central Time
- FTN Update: October 27, 2022 (Pre-work opens Sept. 27 and Post-work closes Nov. 3)
- FTN Update: Nov. 30, 2022 (Pre-work opens Oct. 30 and Post-work closes Dec 7)
- FTN Update: Dec. 14, 2022 (Pre-work opens Nov. 14 and Post-work closes Dec. 21)
This course has three parts: pre-work, a live virtual learning session (VLS), and post-work.
Learners must attend the live session that is SELECTED at registration. The live session dates available are:
You will receive an email confirmation of the date of the live session after registration.
Each live session will require post-work. These assignments must be completed in order to receive credit for this course.
By the end of this training, you will have an opportunity to…
- Describe the status-neutral continuum
- Describe the Healthy Options Job Aid
- Describe health-related stigma
- Describe unconscious bias
- Describe the testing process/structure
What you will need:
- Internet connection
- Audio and video capability
- The live portion of this training will be conducted over Zoom. Participants will view the computer screen and use their webcams and microphones to interact.
Learners will receive a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the course.
Upon request, learners may receive 8 hours of social work continuing education.
Cardea Services has been an approved provider of continuing education credits by: The Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners, provider #1682.
Community Health Worker and CHW Instructor
Community Health Worker
Upon request, learners may receive 8 hours of community health worker or CHW instructor continuing education.
Cardea Services is an approved provider of continuing education credits by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Here is the course outline:
1. FTN Update Screening module
Please complete the screening module to assess if this course is a good fit for your training needs
Complete the Pre-Work in order to gain access to the live content.
3. Instructor Training
1:00pm-4:00pm Central Time Training Via Zoom
Complete the post-work activities to complete the course.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|
|Social Work (SW) TX|
|Community Health Worker (CHW) TX|
|Community Health Worker (CHW) Instructor TX|