The goal of this course is to provide updates from the field for HIV prevention staff who do not perform HIV tests, or who do perform HIV tests as a part of their role, but have previously taken FTN 5-Day, FCT and/or PBC.
This course consists of pre-work, one live Zoom session, and post-work and can take up to 5 hours to complete all modules, and will include updates on topics including combination prevention, de-emphasizing counseling, home testing, stigma and unconscious bias.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Describe the status-neutral continuum
- Describe the Healthy Options Job Aid
- Describe health-related stigma
- Describe unconscious bias
- Describe the testing process/structure
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 45. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
Session Dates: All sessions run from 1:00-3:00PM, Central Time
Each individual course will open 30 days prior to the 1st live Zoom session to allow for prerequisite and pre-work completion.
- Feb 13 (Pre-work opens Jan 13 and Post-work closes Feb 20)
- May 1 (Pre-work opens March 31 and Post-work closes May 8)
- July 31 (Pre-work opens June 30 and Post-work closes Aug 7)
- Oct 19 (Pre-work opens Sept 19 and Post-work closes Oct 26)
- Nov 20 (Pre-work opens Oct 20 and Post-work closes Nov 27)
Here is the course outline:
Please note, you will be able to access the Pre-Work activities one month before the live Zoom session. Complete pre-work in order to gain access to the live Zoom session.
2. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 1:00-3:00pm CT to access post-work.
Complete post-work to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|