Advanced Motivational Interviewing
This course consists of pre-work, one live Zoom session, and post-work and can take up to 5 hours to complete all modules. The goal of this course is to offer participants a space to practice and improve advanced motivational skills through roleplay.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Code exemplar MI sessions for effective use of OARS
- Practice ‘Defusing Discord’ (formerly ‘Rolling with Resistance’)
- Practice OARS techniques in role plays, based on current skill (novice vs advanced)
- Practice crafting complex reflections for hypothetical client statements
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 45. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
Session Dates: All sessions run from 1:00-3:00PM, Central Time
Each individual course will open 30 days prior to the 1st live Zoom session to allow for prerequisite and pre-work completion.
- Feb 22 (Pre-work opens Jan 25 and Post-work closes Feb 29)
- May 23 (Pre-work opens April 25 and Post-work closes May 30)
- Aug 22 (Pre-work opens July 25 and Post-work closes Aug 29)
- Oct 31 (Pre-work opens Oct 3 and Post-work closes Nov 7)
Here is the course outline:
Complete the e-learning prerequisite course.
Please note, you will be able to access the Pre-Work activities one month before the live Zoom session. Complete pre-work in order to gain access to the live Zoom session.
3. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 1:00-3:00pm CT to access post-work.
Complete post-work to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|