Gender and Sexual Diversity
This course consists of 4 modules; prerequisite, pre-work, one live Zoom session, and post-work and can take up to 5 hours to complete all modules. The goal of this course is to increase understanding of the dimensions of gender and sexual diversity to better serve LGBTQIA+ communities.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Explore dimensions of gender and sexuality, and differentiate sexual behavior
- Examine the impact of stigma and discrimination upon GSD populations
- List strategies for being an ally and creating a welcoming environment for GSD clients
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 45. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
2024 Session Dates: All sessions run from 1:00-3:00PM, Central Time
- Dec 14, 2023 (Pre-work opens on Nov 16 and post-work closes on Dec 21)
- Feb 8 (Pre-work opens on Jan 17 and post-work closes on Feb 15)
- May 9 (Pre-work opens on April 11 and post-work closes on May 16)
- Aug 8 (Pre-work opens on July 11 and post-work closes on Aug 15)
- Nov 14 (Pre-work opens on Oct 17 and post-work closes on Nov 21)
Here is the course outline:
Complete the e-learning prerequisite course to open pre-work.
Complete pre-work in order to gain access to the live Zoom session. Please note, you will be able to access the Pre-Work activities one month before the live Zoom session.
3. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 1:00-3:00pm CT to access post-work.
Complete post-work to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|