HIV Navigation in Texas
This course consists of pre-work, one live Zoom session, and post-work and can take up to 5 hours to complete all modules. The goal of the course is to increase understanding of HIV status-neutral navigation to improve continuity in prevention and care.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Describe the HIV status-neutral continuum
- Describe your role in the HIV status-neutral continuum
- Explain how effective navigation contributes to ending the HIV epidemic
- Explain the changes in the HIV prevention and care landscape
- Explain barriers to access/retention to care
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 45. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
2024 Session Dates: All sessions run from 1:00-3:00PM, Central Time
- Feb 1 (Pre-work opens on Jan 3 and post-work closes on Feb 8)
- Feb 29 (Pre-work opens on Jan 31 and post-work closes on Mar 7)
- Mar 21 (Pre-work opens on Feb 21 and post-work closes on Mar 28)
- Apr 11 (Pre-work opens on March 13 and post-work closes Apr 18)
- May 2 (Pre-work opens on April 3 and post-work closes May 9)
- June 6 (Pre-work opens on May 8 and post-work closes June 13)
- July 11 (Pre-work opens on June 12 and post-work closes on July 18)
- Aug 1 (Pre-work opens on July 3 and post-work closes on Aug 8)
- Sep 5 (Pre-work opens on Aug 7 and post-work closes on Sep 12)
- Oct 3 (Pre-work opens on Sep 4 and post-work closes on Oct 10)
- Nov 7 (Pre-work opens on Oct 9 and post-work closes on Nov 14)
- Dec 16 (Pre-work opens on Nov 17 and post-work closes on Dec 23)
Here is the course outline:
You must complete these courses prior to attending the live Zoom session. If you have completed them, you will not have to complete them again.
Complete pre-work in order to gain access to the live Zoom session. Please note, you will be able to access the Pre-Work activities one month before the live Zoom session.
3. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 1:00-3:00pm CT to access post-work.
Complete post-work to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|