CHW Series: Trauma-Informed Care - 02/28/24
This course consists of pre-work, one live Zoom session, and post-work and can take up to 4 hours to complete all modules. The goal of this course is to provide an overview of trauma, how it affects the brain, and how it impacts health behaviors and outcomes.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
Explain five types of trauma
Describe how trauma can affect the brain
Describe the impact of trauma on behaviors and health outcomes
Explain the six principles of a trauma-informed approach
Apply at least one trauma-informed strategy in their work with clients
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 40. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
After successfully completing the course, learners may receive 4 hours of DSHS certified CHW CEUs.
Cardea is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services to provide continuing CHW hours in Texas, Certification #44.
Here is the course outline:
Complete pre-work in order to gain access to the live Zoom session. Please note, you will be able to access the Pre-Work activities one month before the live Zoom session.
2. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 10am-Noon CT to access post-work.
Complete post-work to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion
|Community Health Worker (CHW) TX