CHW Series: The Role of CHWs in Public Health - 11/1
The goal of this training is to clarify and explain public health, core public health competencies, essential public health services, and the role of CHWs in delivering essential public health services.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Define public health
- Describe core public health competencies
- Describe essential public health services
- Explain the role of CHWs in delivering essential public health services
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including post-work, in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 40. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
This course provides 1.5 hours of Texas DSHS-approved CHW and CHW-I Continuing Education
(1 hour Knowledge Base and .5 hour Advocacy Skills)
Cardea is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services to provide continuing CHW hours in Texas,
Certification #44 and continuing CHW-I hours in Texas, Certification #55.
Here is the course outline:
1. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 10:00am - 11:30am CT to access post-work.
Complete the evaluation to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|
|Community Health Worker (CHW) TX|
|Community Health Worker (CHW) Instructor TX|