CHW Series: Unconscious Bias - 9/27
This course consists of pre-work, one live Zoom session, and post-work and can take up to 4 hours to complete all modules. The goal of this course is to provide an overview of unconscious bias, culture, and identity; and propose strategies to disrupt bias interpersonally and institutionally.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Identify forms of unconscious bias
- Investigate our own identity markers and unconscious bias
- Define and discuss culture to understand its impact on unconscious bias
- Explain concrete strategies to minimize unconscious bias
- Apply strategies to direct work with clients
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 45. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
After successfully completing the course, learners may receive 4 hours of DSHS certified CHW and CHW-I CEUs.
Cardea is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services to provide continuing CHW hours in Texas, Certification #44.
Here is the course outline:
Complete pre-work in order to gain access to the live Zoom session. Please note, you will be able to access the Pre-Work activities one month before the live Zoom session.
2. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 10am-Noon CT to access post-work.
Complete post-work to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|
|Community Health Worker (CHW) TX|
|Community Health Worker (CHW) Instructor TX|