This course consists of pre-work, one live Zoom session, and post-work and can take up to 5 hours to complete all modules. The goal of this course is to provide an overview of unconscious bias, culture, and identity; and propose strategies to disrupt bias interpersonally and institutionally.
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Identify forms of unconscious bias
- Investigate our own identity markers and unconscious bias
- Define and discuss culture to understand its impact on unconscious bias
- Explain concrete strategies to minimize unconscious bias
- Apply strategies to direct work with clients
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live Zoom course is 45. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training
What you will need:
- A computer with internet
- Video and microphone capabilities (to engage in the live Zoom session)
- A space without distractions
Session Dates: All sessions run from 1:00-3:00PM, Central Time
Each individual course will open 30 days prior to the 1st live Zoom session to allow for prerequisite and pre-work completion.
- Feb 23 (Pre-work opens Jan 23 and Post-work closes Mar 2)
- April 13 (Pre-work opens Mar 13 and Post-work closes April 20)
- June 26 (Pre-work opens May 26 and Post-work closes July 3)
- Aug 28 (Pre-work opens July 28 and Post-work closes Sep 4)
- Oct 23 (Pre-work opens Sept 22 and Post-work closes Oct 30)
- Nov 29 *in person training* (Pre-work opens Oct 30 and Post-work closes Dec 6)
Here is the course outline:
Complete pre-work in order to gain access to the live Zoom session. Please note, you will be able to access the Pre-Work activities one month before the live Zoom session.
2. Live Zoom Session
Attend live Zoom session from 1:00-3:00pm CT to access post-work.
Complete post-work to receive your certificate of completion.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion|