10.31, 11.8, 11.10 Hybrid Positive Prevention Plus MS & HS 2018/2021 Virtual Training Series
This training will be a hybrid training, including self-paced e-Learning modules and live training via Zoom. In addition to a review of the Positive Prevention Plus curriculum, we will also be covering the core skills needed for effective Sex Education. Each of the sessions will include strategies and considerations for teaching Sex Ed. Details around course specifics coming soon!
Geared towards educators who will be providing instruction to Middle School and High School students using either the 2021 or 2018 version of Positive Prevention Plus. Special Education teachers should attend a separate training unless they plan on using the general education curriculum. Positive Prevention Plus does have a separate Special Populations curriculum that will NOT be covered during this series.
Teacher Curriculum Binder
Whether your students are using the Independent Study or you're teaching the curriculum synchronously, it's important for you to have access to a teacher curriculum binder. Cardea does not provide the curriculum, only the training! Your district administrator will provide you with a curriculum binder. For any questions on acquiring a binder, please reach out to your district administrator. If you are using the 2021 version, please make sure that you have created an account on the Positive Prevention Plus website before the training begins. If you have any questions regarding accessing your Positive Prevention Plus account, please contact Positive Prevention Plus directly at email@example.com or visit their Contact Us page. To purchase curriculum, please contact Positive Prevention Plus via their website.
For the live portion of the training, we will be utilizing Zoom. You will find the Zoom link once you log into the course and click on the Course Information Module. Navigate to the 'Zoom Log In Information' page.
Dates and Times
- Monday, October 31st, 2022 8 AM - 3:30 PM PST
- 8 AM - 12 PM PST - Self paced eLearning Core Skills Primer. This independent work time is to complete Core Skills Primer self-paced eLearning modules (approx. 2.5-3 hours of content). These modules must be complete before the live session begins at noon!
- 12 PM - 3:30 PM PST - Live Core Skills Practice session via Zoom. The Zoom link can be found in Course Information module on the course page. We will be practicing and building on the content you covered in eLearning modules.
- Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM PST
- 3:30 - 6:30 PM PST - Training on the Middle School and High School Positive Prevention Plus curriculum.
- Thursday, November 10th, 2022 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM PST
- 3:30 - 6:30 PM PST - Training on the Middle School and High School Positive Prevention Plus curriculum
If you are a district administrator who needs to register and pay for one or more teachers, or a teacher who cannot pay by credit card, please visit our E-Commerce site. You will be able to enter the names and emails of all participants and request to pay by check/PO/Invoice. Each of the participants you enter will receive an email, directing them back to this page. The email will include a coupon code to enter when prompted to pay.
To access resources for each session, please ENROLL
Select the red Enroll button, usually at the upper right. Then start the course for information on how to attend the live sessions.
Here is the course outline:
1. Course Information
Information about agenda, resources and Zoom link
2. Core Skills Primer
Welcome to Units 1-5 of the Core Skills Primer. Please complete this by 12 PM PST on Monday, October 31st.
Click here for resources for all sessions!
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Certificate of Completion: P3 Virtual Course|
|Certificate of Completion|